Interactive Resource Tool

Most health plans cover treatment, but actual coverage varies.
Get your insurance card and look on the back. You should see a customer service number or a specific number for mental health/substance use questions. Call this number for direction.

Here are some questions to ask:

> Does my plan cover treatment?

> Do I need a referral from a doctor?

> Is there a difference between in-network and out-of-network care? If so, what is it?

> Is there a deductible?

> Will there be co-pays?

You can ask your insurer for a list of providers in your area. Choosing from this list will help keep your costs down. If you’d like guidance on how to select a treatment provider, please CLICK HERE for a helpful brochure from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
You also may call a provider directly. Please CLICK HERE for a list of treatment providers in Talbot County that accept private insurance.
If you aren’t covered for substance use disorder treatment or have high co-pays or deductibles, call Talbot County Addictions Program (TCAP) at 410-819-5602 as other options may be available to help cover costs.

CLICK HERE for a list of providers in the other four Mid-Shore counties that accept private insurance (adults).